I forgot to mention all the bullfrog tadpoles that were swimming by the other day on the camera.

After hearimg how good the ice fishing was my oldest son came up Saturday afternoon to geta look at the perch. It was cold...the wind chilled us out after an hour.The holes would slush and freeze over in just a few minutes.
Ice was around 8" or better, we started out without much luck didn't have the fish finder or camera like the youngest son did so were fishing old school. We moved over just off the big rock pile on bottom where we caught them the other day and it was on. All were nice, fast action.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And then I caught this one! My personal best ever, I have never even seen one this big caught in person before. 12"

The sunrise and sunsets over the pond are just spectacular...Saturday night.

Two years ago we stocked 150 4"-6" perch in pond and the youngest son threw in a dozen that were around 9" last spring. I try and hand feed everery morning and evening during the warm months off the dock when I can and they come up like piranhas.They quit coming up to feed in early October when it started getting cold. I can't wait to see what they are like a couple years from now. We are planning on doing some type of slot limit on the harvest late fall or next winter, maybe keep 9"-11" to eat and bigger and smaller will go back?