Originally Posted by catscratch
The deer on your place should be able to grow bigger racks than the 6pt you posted. I'd imagine they are there, unless you have neighbors that lease to outfitters bring in new people every weekend and decimating the older buck population. Or maybe someone is dumping out several tons of corn. Otherwise you should have bucks bigger than pictured.

We do have bigger bucks and I have a heavy-body 10pt on the game cam at our little pond already. However, when people post pics of big groups of deer at their feeders (when they are not just posting the trophies), I NEVER see a group of spindly antler bucks like I see at our place. However, maybe it is just observation bias since that is the place where I currently get 99% of my data.

We also have a neighbor that is catty-corner that runs a big camp at the start of rifle season. They lease other properties and drive around the county roads on their ATVs like a swarm of bees. I believe they may have cut one of my fences that is adjacent to a little watering hole and feeder they have set up on a lease to lure some deer from my heavy cover onto their land. That many guys gunning for trophy bucks probably does affect our population to some degree!