There is a Trout farm down southern west Missouri ( Crystal Lake Fisheries ) 417-683-2307 that was extremely helpful last year when I went to stock some RT here in Missouri , IMO I would wait until water was in low 60's and been there week or 2 , Trout were A lot of fun and we enjoyed having them , I put in 200 pounds November 17th 2022 ( 185 fish roughly ) so they were a little over a pound and took to the feed within a couple days and we actually caught a few within a few days and they EAT , going into the fall I had many small baby bass that had been spawned earlier that year and when spring arrived you could tell that number was down or " in check " so that was a good bonus i guess , we seen our last floater May 17th 2023 exactly 6 months to the day from stocking as the water had warmed enough to kill them out , between the bald eagles , friends and family we are able to catch almost every single fish and only accounted for 3 floaters come May , at the end those 1 pound fish when stocked were a shy bit over 4 pounds