Pretty scholarly stuff here. And without “Yeah, but”, life would get boring. We know that carnivores are also opportunists but only at times. I once caught a coyote in a leg hold trap that was absolutely fat. That’s not normal for the song dogs. I also recall a pack of coyotes howling close to the house when we were butchering a deer. That was a couple of years ago

Logic? Animals don’t have it but make survival type decisions. Seems that deer can go nocturnal during hunting season without a shot being fired.

I have a pic somewhere of a big PVC tube type bird feeder 11 coons were either on it or around it. They actually removed the top cap that I hammered on and have to use a hammer to tap the top off. And, had to be somehow sitting on it to do it. How? Once again, dunno.

We’ve all heard “ match the hatch”. Nothing in the water looks like a purple or red rubber worm which speaks to opportunist feeding.

Hunger isn’t the only fish motivator. We’ve all changed lures and changed our catch rate. Why can hungry fish be picky eaters? Again, I dunno. Maybe that’s why I have way too many tackle boxes.