Checking back in after a flurry of activity and then the requisite waiting and watching. It's been almost a year and the BG stocking, feeding, and LMB culling are starting to have an effect.

As a quick recap, my 3/4 acre pond had nothing but stunted LMB in 2021. Since that time, I stocked 150 BG in April 2021 and removed about 200 LMB with most all in the 5-10 inch range. I also installed a Texas Hunter feeder for supplemental feeding.

Fast forward to today. I've caught 3 BG over 1 lb and just caught a 16" 2lb 1oz LMB. I'm starting to aggressively cull any BG too big for the LMB to eat but leaving the biggest male BG to induce even bigger BG sizes. In danger of stating the obvious, the LMB catch rates have dropped by 50%- bigger bass = fewer bass.

I'm certain that the pond has not yet hit an equilibrium and hope to have an areation system up and running in a few weeks so it's going to be a year or more before I know what is really going on.

Special shout out to Essup and Jpdad who have helped guide me through this learning!!