Originally Posted by Jadog
Hmm. Roundup Custom is labeled as an aquatic herbicide. As for Rodeo Aquatic Herbicide, this product appears to have been discontinued by the manufacturer (per several websites I've visited). It's also out of stock at many places. I believe Alligare makes a product that is comparable to Rodeo.

Habitat and Clearcast are more than 3 times more expensive than Rodeo. Not sure why anyone would use that if the former is just as effective. smile

Can I use Diquat for cattails?

What is FHM?

Diquat just gives the cattails a haircut, it doesn't kill the roots. You want a systemic herbicide. While the other two chemicals are more expensive, I've found that they work better with less re-spray needed. Of course being a different chemical and working differently on the plant, I have to be careful of translocation. I always add a surfactant @ 1 fl oz per tank mix gallon and also add an aquatic dye to show where I've sprayed. With the Roundup Custom, mix 0.75% solution and apply 2.3-3.75 quarts per acre of active ingredient. Since there is no surfactant in Roundup Custom you have to add your own.