Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by H20fwler
We do have a hydrant at the well head, is it feasable to try and top it off with a hose? Still seems like that would be a lot of water to get 5' deep acre size? That it would take weeks or months?

Average rate from a garden hose set-up is maybe 7-10 GPM. 5-acre-feet of water is about 1,630,000 gallons. That would be 203,750 minutes of running your hydrant at 8 GPM. Which is 141 continuous days!

I would not add well water unless you go into a deep drought this summer and your water level starts falling significantly, or unless you have a well/pump combination capable of much higher water rates.

Good luck watching your initial fish stocking grow to maturity. Looks like a great start!

That's what I figured is that it would take a long time that way. Even when it has been really dry the pond doesn't seem to go down much at all...again I think because of the size. It has to have millions of gallons of water in it, with some good spring rains it should come up another couple of feet, by next year this time it will be full.