I am running the well 6 hours a day to keep it 'leveled' off. But if we don't get rain by June, then I won't be able to keep up with the evaporation and I'll likely go dry. The only benefit is that the neighbor upstream will go dry and I won't have crappie, GSF and bull head cat to deal with. I am working on adding a TON of cedars and other trees this month. Once it fills up then re introduce BG and supplemental forage of tilapia to make it to next year.

Let it rain!!!!
Originally Posted by anthropic
Originally Posted by FishinRod
blavis,

Thanks for all of the recorded data.

Hope you get some rain soon!

I am a little west of you and have two completely dry ponds and one that is only 1' deep.

(It is now quite easy to "sample" the fish in all of them.)

Rod, that sounds even worse that what we had last summer in east Tx. Do you plan to start over when the ponds fill?

I am running the well 6 hours a day to keep it 'leveled' off. But if we don't get rain by June, then I won't be able to keep up with the evaporation and I'll likely go dry. The only benefit is that the neighbor upstream will go dry and I won't have crappie, GSF and bull head cat to deal with. I am working on adding a TON of cedars and other trees this month. Once it fills up then re introduce BG and supplemental forage of tilapia to make it to next year.

Let it rain!!!!