Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by esshup
I have to give the Amish family that I get my maple syrup from an order a year in advance for what I want the following year. They call me when it's ready.

Sounds like you have become a "regular" for that family business.

I bet they give you pretty good service?

It took an "in" from another Amish friend to get them to sell to an "Englishman". LOL He had to call them, and tell them that he gave me their phone number and to expect a call from Scott about some Maple Syrup. I will take them some deer snack sticks and venison summer sausage every year when I pick up the maple syrup. The first time I bought from them, I took some to them and they looked at me like I was a 2 headed snake. I gave them the grocery bag full of the stuff, they looked inside and looked at me with this quizzical look as if to say what is this? When they realized what it was and that I was giving it to them, not wanting to trade for syrup, things changed. LOL Yeah, when I go there, they have to take me back to the sugar shack so I can see how they are making it and they show off any new equipment that they've purchased the previous year. They collect the syrup in a roughly 1,000 gallon stainless steel tank on a wagon pulled by 4 of the biggest draft horses that I've ever seen.

We talk about how the year for them has been going, they ask about fish, etc. I am usually there about an hour or so.