Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by RAH
This guy weighed 40 lbs. on the scale and showed signs of fighting. He was clogging the pond drain and cutting trees. Not sure if he was alone...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SSS.

Shoot, share on the forum, shovel.

Good job, RAH!

I have a new beaver down on our creek. Recently he has started gnawing on multiple trees and then quitting. It looks like he is "tasting" them to see which ones he wants to fell. Surely beavers can just smell a tree to know which one they would like?

Currently, he is just working on undesirable volunteers so we will peacefully coexist - for now.

That's like my buddy was saying when I told him that he needed to control the cattails that were growing on one side of his pond. "You need to start whacking them because they will start growing on the other 3 sides of the pond and you will be fighting a prolonged battle if you don't start getting after them now." "Oh, they are fine, they don't bother me at all over there."

3 years later he's hiring an excavator to dig them out and he's having to be VERY careful where he sprays now to kill them because now they are growing among the marginal plants that he wants to have there. I just smile and tell him that I won't tell him that I told him so. LOL

Rod, one day you will be there looking at what's missing and realize that you just lost 10-20 years growth (or more) on a few trees........