I’ll tell you how I got rid of my carp, you can buy cottonseed cakes at about any bait store, take a gallon milk jug or any jug, put about 5 ft of trot line, or about 180 lb line on the handle and tie a weight on the end of the line. About 2ft above the weight, tie on a trot line hook so it stays off the bottom, just the weight should hit the bottom of the pond, leaving the hook suspended in about 3 ft off the bottom of the pond. Hook the cottonseed cake to the hook, they come with a hole in the center of the cake, just push the hook thru the hole, make a loop and put the hook thru the loop. Now just throw the jug line in the middle of the pond and let it float. When the jug drifts towards the shore, the weight will hit the bottom, it will leave the bait about 2 ft off the bottom, that leaves a better chance of them getting hooked, works like a charm. You can throw out as many jug lines as you need, only thing is you need a boat to chase the jugs when the carp are hooked. You will know when they are hooked, cause the jug will be bobbing like a bobber. The reason for the cottonseed cake as bait is that about the only fish I have that will eat them is carp, my grandpa showed me this way to catch carp, he kinda liked eating them, not me so much,
Good luck, if you try this, let us know how it works for ya
Gregg