never hurts to try. My YP also prefer the layer of oak leaves in SUPER shallow water (8-10") perhaps due to it warming up the quickest there? The first strands are always on the leaf covered areas and in the shallow/warm corner. I then usually see them show up next around little snags sticking up, like stiff reeds or sedges, or will even find crannies or pockets in artificial structure that is left in the pond. IT seems they prefer to lay eggs in all these other places and conditions rather than drape them over the branches that I leave out. Some branches certainly attract egg strands. Maybe I need DENSE branches like Christmas trees?

For fun, maybe take 2 or 3 old 5 gallon buckets and bore various size holes (or square openings) in the sides (maybe a 3" 5" and then 8-10" hole) FWhen planning holes, figure on laying the buckets on their side so plan holes on opposite long sides at different heights in the water column. Throw a rock in there to hold the bucket in place, put them in different spots and depths and see how many of the openings end up with egg strand draped through it.

You could use a 'Christmas Tree Bit' to woller out the holes or use a battery powered angle grinder to make square or triangle shaped holes. For fun leave some saw tooth shapes on the bottom edge of the opening to see if having something for the YP to hook the egg strand on to help pull it out is really what draw them. See if the eggs are on the holes with the sawtooth edges vs the smooth edges.

My theory is that the brush helps them get some traction on the strand and get it elongated and draped out. It seems having a pivot or tether point on the egg strand is what I see as a common theme in my pond. I'm probably all wet, but it just an observation.