Originally Posted by Zep
Originally Posted by TX Chris
My wife and I just purchased a 49-acre property near Union Valley, TX (east of Rockwall).
Congrats on your new property. Welcome to Pond Boss. As I'm sure you already know, that many acres in Union Valley is going to be worth a fortune down the road as the urban sprawl continues. I wish we were in Union Valley. That would take about 30 mins off our drive each way. We pass right by there every weekend on 276. Southern Junction Steaks and Dancin, Matt's Tex Mex, and Sweetwater Grill are practically in your backyard.

Thanks. I spoke with one of the neighbors right after we bought the property. He said many of the people that live right around the property were concerned that a developer would buy the land and turn it into a neighborhood. He was very pleased to hear that a married couple with 5 children bought it with no intentions to do anything other than build a house and create our own little oasis. The area is perfect for us - close enough to DFW but far enough out and in an area that feels 'country'.

We've already been to Matt's and Sweetwater a few times (we currently live about 2 miles from the property right in the middle of Union Valley). At least it'll be a short drive when we move.