Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by Heppy
Augie and 4CP, I decided to diy a ramp at my pond with a 16 foot Jon boat. I’m happy with this decision. The only thing I have to do is get the battery in/out of the boat to charge for the trolling motor. The one thing I would change is using a treated 6x6 instead of a 4x4 where the winch mounts on the upright post. It’s an easy build with treated 2x4’s, 6x6, a bag of quikcrete, 4 inch x 20 foot pvc pipe halved lengthwise, 4 inch x 10 foot (2 5 foot guides driven in the pond bottom, deck screws and a hand winch. Here are a few pics.

https://imgur.com/a/zVFp7x3

Looks great!! I was going to do that same thing except use the teflon strips that they put on boat trailer bunks to make the boat slide on/off easier. Good idea about the vertical guides and the winch. I was just going tp pull it up by hand. I do have an aluminum pontoon boat canopy that has 3' brackets on each corner on the sides. I was going to put that low to the ground so the boat just slid under it, that would keep a lot of sun and rain out of the boat.

The pvc is used for the same purpose as the Teflon strips. Outdoor weather is hard on the seats, covering them would be a good idea. One thing I forgot to mention is to make sure you pull the plugs after your boat is docked. The rain will run out into the pond. Oh yeah, be sure and put the plugs in before you launch! Don’t ask me how I know this!