Pretty much exactly what Fishinrod said, Your jeep will not compact the repair sufficiently at all best case scenario. I have fixed a ton of leaks similar to that, muskrat holes mostly, but also tree root rotting holes, with a mini excavator in small areas, to even rework the top 4' of an entire dam top that had massive muskrat damage. my way to tackle your situation would be to dig across it with a mini excavator down past the damaged area and past it a good bit end ways, then replace it in small lifts, assuming it is good clay, mixing a generous amount of bentonite with it, you will need to compact it with a jumping jack or similar in small amounts but that is a lot easier after you take the back side of the excavator bucket and compact it pretty good and smooth with it, then one person can handle the JJ better. first things first tho, you will need to eliminate the cause, like muskrats and such, crawdads seldom cause a big problem, they mostly burrow down, not out. another problem I am afraid you will find, if the pond has been down to a different level for a few yrs, the muskrats will go down with it, and dig new burrows and tunnels at a lower elevation that is under the current water level, as the pond fills up you are liable to find more leaks. Good Luck!