Originally Posted by Bill Cody
Snipe I like your pictures of various types of BG that you have. The CNBG look very similar or same basic coloration as regular southern CNBG previously shown in pictures of this forum. Evidently the AK sold CNBG are tolerant of your NW Kansas winter climate.

How long have you had these CNBG 1,2,3, and the age of those in your pictures.

How much ice cover do you normally get on your ponds?

Do you know the normal plant growing season for degree days in your part of the state?
From NWS....

Frost date to frost date is 149 days.

The growing season in Goodland typically lasts for 5.3 months (164 days), from around May 1 to around October 11, rarely starting before April 10 or after May 19, and rarely ending before September 23 or after October 29.

This is 3rd full year with CNBG present, and I believe all are original stockers-stocked at 3-4" in 2020
When I ice up, commonly, I drive my 4-wheeler across pond. Have drilled holes to 13" but last year I barely had ice thick enough to walk on more than a month, but on and off.
All BG pics above are 2021 catch, I really didn't fish for BG much this year and only caught 2 big CNBG and 1 NBG. The BG in traps very so much I can't say if they are hybrids beyond a doubt. Possibly, when I do my fall net samples in a couple of weeks, I can take the time to spend on studying some 4-6" fish and see if I can find some identifiers visually.