Originally Posted by Heppy
Originally Posted by esshup
As long as it was plants that don't propagate via fragments you are golden!!

This and all the manual labor involved ended up being nothing more than wishful thinking. The weeds have now reappeared to about half of the original amount in the beginning. What I believed to be Widgeon grass was identified as Naiaid. I spoke with the previous owner of a pond management company who made the identification. He told me I would need
Diquat 1 gallon per acre in liquid form. Dilute 50/50 with water
+
Clipper water soluble powder form algaecide 1 lb per acre
+
Hydrothol 191 salt based product 1/4 gallon per acre
All three mixed together in a backpack sprayer. Also add GC

Minimum of 3 treatments March-October if I were to do to it myself. As I have stated it is a flow thru pond and I can easily drop the level with the bottom drain. Dropping it 2-3 feet then closing the drain will allow the chemicals to work for a couple of days. This sounded like the way to go for me, then I added the cost for only the chemicals for 1 year. *********!
Now I’ve made initial contact with a pond/lake management company to see how much the different annual plans cost. Does anyone have a ballpark prices to be expected?

Just use the clipper by itself or the Hydrothol 191 by itself. Be careful with the 191, apply it from the shore outwards to the deeper water - it can kill fish if the concentration is too much and they can't escape it.