Originally Posted by Jscummy
Thank you for replying And yes there has been some great information. So my elevation gain the top of the dam is roughly 8 feet. The difference in height between my inlet and outlet is roughly 10 to 15 feet in height difference. I’m using a 4 inch diameter pipe. In calling around to supply houses, it seems the biggest issue I’m going to be facing now is finding a check valve to fit a 4 inch pvc pipe.

Thank you!

We use what they call backflow preventers, aka checkvalve, on 4" sewer lines coming out of houses to prevent the city sewer from backing up into and flooding your house when there are a lot of houses on the same sewer line that are at a much higher elevation then your house, but they are a little pricey, any kind of valve or cap would work but you must be able to get down under water to open it almost simultaneously with the opening of the valve on the backside of the dam.
JPsdad, in this case, the way I understand it he is using hard pipe, probably pvc, which will be harder to fill and then pull over the hill, especially 335" of 4 inch pipe full of water. pvc is what I have always used, with a few bend fittings if necessary, and the pipe can be reused for something else afterwards.