The issue with stocking fish in Michigan is their DNR. IF the pond has a permanent inflow or out flow (even onto a pasture) you need a permit from the Michigan DNR prior to stocking, AND any supplier has to have a copy of that permit in their truck prior to stocking.

Bringing fish into Michigan from another great lake state without the proper permits is a Lacy Act violation and the fine could be $250,000.00. If the fish supplier does not have that permit in their truck prior to entering Michigan, they could get fined the same as the pond owner.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I want to make you aware of the issues people in Michigan have to legally stock their ponds. Just dot your I's and cross your T's and you will be fine.

You'd be better off having the pond electro shocked and all the LMB that are netted removed. If the pond is LMB heavy you are looking at removing 510 pounds of LMB. Have people lined up beforehand that will take them and utilize them, no way can you clean all of them before they spoil.

We stock fish in Michigan, but doing the paperwork takes time.