I wanted to show a piece of my efforts of tank spawning and moving fry from hatch tank to grow out ponds.
esshup, after we talked today I grabbed a small 8' 1/16" mesh net and hit the corners and got about 200 in the 1.5-2" range.
These were placed in a well fertilized grow out 35 days ago, today. The plan was to remove and place in feed training tank at around 35mm. Most were over 1.5" so they grew faster than expected.
May seem trivial but getting to this point is quite exciting to me, with lots of lessons learned here.
All small fingerlings appeared very fat and healthy-acceptably uniform in size, looks like about 45mm in 35 days. If I can have the same success I had training YP this year, I think I can get 50-55mm a month on these.
A lot of blood, time, sweat and tears (money) got me to this point so I'm happy today.
I have 2 grow outs full of SMB fry, 10 days apart. I haven't sampled the younger fry/fingerlings yet.
I should also mention I moved probably 4000-5000 swim-up fry from pond from natural reproduction, so pond #2 will be interesting to see how growth rates differ.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]