So I have made a half dozen night sorties to the fish light. I've been hand tossing Optimal BG and BG Jr mixed into the water in the area that is lit up. Any BG in the area are happy to eat some. However, the BCP ignore it completely. Even when they are feeding well on the various insects floating on the water, the pellets are ignored. I'd hoped they would even accidentally sample a pellet or two and maybe acquire the taste. So far, no luck. I have't done the pre-soak experiment yet (sorry Sunil) but it's on the list. I also tried sneaking a floating fly (fishing lure) across the lit area, to see if it would be 'easy' to catch the BCP that were already feeding on insects in the same spot. Again, no takers. I did catch a few BG and had hits from GSH. But evidently fooling those big ol' crappie eyes is difficult. My only other observation is that I think the light would be even more effective at getting bugs into the water if it was closer to the water. I mounted mine about 30 inches off the water, and that works. But I do see some bugs get flung but avoid hitting the water. Especially the bigger ones. Essentially anything with big propellers or a small jet pack seem to escape impact with the water. grin