I attached a pic of one of the crappie. I think its a white.

I learned about the koi problem after i threw them in. I assume with how small they were compared to the bass at the time that most if not all of them were eaten.
Fisheries guy told me to put the ten grass carp in because the coon tail was bad. It seems to have helped a bunch. I haven't had a lure get caught on any submerged weeds this year, but I may have traded one problem for another.

My pond is down at least four feet since i bought it, and the weeds have filled in nicely around the entire banks. There is no rock or anything beside weeds/plants along the edges. The one place where runoff has come in in the past has not been a problem this year because the pond is so low the small amount of runoff coming in has a ways to go over a flat and level area before it gets into the pond, and i assume sediments would fall out in this area. It is the first part of the pond to dry out when the water level drops.

My point in posting the pic of the jars is that i guess i dont know what turbid water is. I know that i can only see a couple inches into the water when i'm at the pond.
I also know that the water in the jars is much more clear than it seems to be in the pond, BUT the alum made a BIG difference in the jars. AND the amount of sediment in the jars without alum added is VERY small until i add alum.

So based on all this info AND the pic of the jars, where should i focus my efforts? I do not think i have a runoff problem, and the mud that would be stirred up by koi/carp is much more brown than yellow, and the jars seem to be more yellow than brown. My sense is that i have a clay problem.
Attached Images