jpsdad wrote: "Everyone who reads my posts knows I have only recently acquired a property with a pond."

I feel this is a disconnect.

Using this 'catfish' thread as an example, I don't see how the original poster could glean from this post that you have never tried any of this, and thus in fact have no idea if this is even feasible:

"You could probably grow 70 or 90 lbs of fish per summer and a similar weight of trout in the winter. So something like 150 3" Mozambique YOY TP when temps are above 70 F and something like 50 8" CC each year. If YOY, the TP won't spawn in most years but could in some. The small recruits could feed CC or RBT as they die over winter. So at 90 lbs we are talking a standing weight of 1866 lbs/acre. You could have two crops if you would grow trout in the winter."

The success of the Pond Boss Forum is the sharing of experience and knowledge. Of course knowledge includes the sharing of technical publications and articles of interest, but as we've seen countless times, nothing is absolute with ponds and fish, and sometimes, jpsdad, you are 'presenting' theoretical absolutes as if they are realities.

Finally, I think some of the consternation comes from offering 'book' advice when another experienced person is taking their time to offer experience-based advice.