I almost forgot about another project that took place the summer of 2020. Since the entire planet was shut down due to COVID, we had plenty of time on our hands to build a treehouse on the east edge of the pond. We had enough old lumber to build the stairs and platform and were able to repurpose more of the black locust logs that we cut out to build the pond. Our options were limited for trees to put it in, but we made due. We really didn't have a true plan in place when we started, it just kept evolving as we went. It was a ton of fun to work on this project with my girls and not have a laundry list of other things that needed accomplished right at that minute. We ended up with a small, but pretty cool space to hang out when we finished. Another advantage of living right next to our pond was that we were able to easily run electricity to it ourselves and even have internet out there.

One feature that was a suprise to my kids was a zipline that we added. Growing up, I always thought they were really cool and, with a little research, we were able to create one that ran from the top deck of the treehouse to the pond dam. It starts about 20 feet high and runs a little over 400'. I was right, they are cool, because I enjoy a trip down it as well!
Attached Images