I the spirit of sharing and learning, which is the core of the Pond Boss forum family, I thought I'd share the results of the shock survey we had done on April 29, 2022. I used Bjornson Pond Management again, which is one of the Pond Boss advertisers. Kevin Bjornson (the owner) works frequently with Nate Herman who is also a PB forum member and contributor. They also did a shock survey for us in Sept 2017, after which we did some corrective stocking and pond tweaks. They did a great job and are really fun to work with! For any members in Iowa, they come highly recommended.
I had the repeat survey done for two reasons. One, because I wanted to see 'what's going on down there' and get a feel for who's growing and how well, and if any of the things we've been 'doing' to our pond are having the hoped impact. Second, because we had that winter kill last spring (of 2021, which I posted about). I wondered about the impact on fish numbers and classes of the various species we have. So that sets the table.
First, a few pictures will tell most of the tale:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]