Feed when the fish eat best. BG have small stomachs, so it is better to feed several times a day. How to time feedings is important to your goals and depends on your population status. IMO feeding BG at night when LMB are present is not a good idea. LMB have better low light vision than BG so the BG are at risk at night. BG won't feed as well as a result. If you are concerned that the big BG are hogging the food then feed smaller amounts spaced and hour apart. Big BG will eat first and be full and digesting when the feeder goes off an hour later. I change feeding regimes to match max growth/weather/temp. In spring I feed as temps warm at 12 and 3 to feed at warmest time. As it gets hot I may go to 5 feedings - early and late to feed when cooler at 6, 8 am, 5, 6 and 7 pm. As the weather warms and BG are at their best growth temps the amount of feed they can use is greater. It is about your goals and situation - what works best for you.

Some thick cover ,like xmas trees ,around the feeding area encourages the small BG to eat and helps with survival.