Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by snrub
I'm still in Bonaire over wintering but will be home in a couple of weeks. I'll try to catch some and post pictures of their progress.

I think your farm has gotten about 4" of rain in the last 24 hours.

If this keeps up, you will be able to don your scuba gear and sit on your patio and observe your HSB up close and personal!

If I was home I could look up a picture and post what the pond looks like when it is about a foot over full pool, has the "bench" on the bench dam covered so the size of the pond probaby gains a half acre, the pipe overflow is screaming and can hear it from our patio, the emergency overflow is running hard and connecting through our back yard to the seasonal stream that runs along the west and south side of the pond and it almost looks like one big body of water with the dam in between.

I don't think GSF can get into the pond (we already have them so not a big deal if they do) via the emergency overflow because by the time it reashes the creek through the yard it is less than yard grass deep and is quite a ways, but I also would not put it past a determined one. GSF are tough fish.

I do need to get the scuba gear on and clean my air diffusers. But I will wait till the water is warmer! Probably June or July. You can basically see nothing. The best it ever gets you MIGHT be able to see the ends of fingers on an extended hand. That is on a very best day of the year and it looks ultra clear from the surface. On a more normal day start with hand at the mask and start extending it and the sight of fingers will be gone in about a foot or a little more. The only way to see fish, most of the time, is lay on the bottom at the proper depth (where the fish are congregating) and sit as still as possible, not even blinking the eyes excet minimal. Eventually the BG and maybe a CC or bass will get curious enough and will swim in front of the mask where a person can see them. Take some feed down and can get a bunch of small BG feeding. The fish are around because I can feel them tugging on my leg hairs or arm hairs. But they are very leery of eyes in the mask. Fish are not as stupid as we sometimes think they are. They know you are there and they can see you before you can see them under water.