The hybrids tend to grow fast if feeding because they tend to be feed hogs. Very agressive feeding.

I would not purposely add GSF genetics to a pond that does not already naturally have them. I see no advantage over regular BG and some disadvantages, such as their larger mouth (makes them more competetive against small bass for forage). GSF are almost ubiquitous to our area. They and bullheads will survive when other fish will not so the creeks are always full of them. Many ponds have them, wanted or not.

There are a few people that like GSF but they are far and few between. I will say that they are agressive at biting a hook or anything else and for a kids pond will help with the catch rate but their maximum size is not that great.

As far as what we end up filleting, it is largely the hybrids. Generally speaking they are easier to catch than the pure BG and I ended up having so many of them when we fished as we pulled in an eating size hybrid it would go in the ice chest to be filleted. A small one good chance it will get cut up with scissors and thrown back in for the CC. When we caught a BG it might or might not be invited to dinner depending on what it looked like. If it was a particularly pretty fish or looked like good breeding stock it went back into the pond. So if we cleaned 50 fish that day, 40 or them might be hybrids.

We didn't fish that much last year and this year depending on the catch rate will determine what we mostly clean. We keep basically every CC we catch, always have (we have had CC recruitment eveyr year so we have always had a supply - that may change now that our bass population is higher). I suspect, but don't know yet, that this year we will be cleaning a lot of bass, some SMB but mostly LMB. In the beginning of my pond journey our BG got ahead of our LMB and we had no successful LMB recruitment for a few years. Had to supplemental stock some. Now the LMB are recruiting as well as we have additionally added HSB and have been adding SMB from my SMB pond for a couple years. So I suspect, but don't know for sure yet, that what was a pretty slow bass catch rate and heavy BG/hybrid catch rate may now reverse, if the bass have done their job of limiting the BG recruitment. We will see, but I suspect it is time for me to harvest some bass this year.