Originally Posted by SherWood
I am using the poly hose for inside my pump box, outside of it before it goes in the lake and also within the diffuser cages I built. I noticed this weekend that the majority of connections where I used hose clamps were leaking air. At the elbows, the tee, the valves, much of it had leaks that weren't there when I first set everything up.

None of the weighted hose connections had leaks though, only the poly.

I used soapy water around all of it to pinpoint them. When I assembled everything, I tightened the clamps with a screwdriver. I thought I had cranked them down well too. I used a ratchet this time and stopped all the leaks.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else finds they have a similar issue while using clamps and that hose.

A couple ways to reduce or eliminate the problem of leaks of plastic tubing at a connector. One is to use two hose clamps with the screw turned 180 degrees of each other. The other is to use a cigarett lighter and slightly warm an inch or two of the tubing. Then when it is still warm, slip it over the connector and tighten the clamp. By warming the plastic it will form fit around the grooves in the connector.