Originally Posted by FishinRod
The facial expression in your frogfish picture looks like, "I can't believe you had the audacity to take a picture of me before I put my makeup on!"

After I heard you had survived the Snrub version of Extreme deer hunting, my second thought was that I hoped you didn't lose your ability to dive. Glad to see you can still partake in one of your special pastimes!

Longlure Frogfish have been described as "a stomach with a mouth" because they can swallow another fish 2/3 their own size (sometimes with the tail still hanging out the mouth). They are voratious predators that sit motionless. They basically look like a sponge and blend in perfetly when sitting on one. They have a "lure" attached above their mouth that they "fish" with to attract fish within striking distance. Wife has pictures of them with their lure out "fishing".

While I'm under water I feel 95%. I think if I got in an emergency situation with hard swimming still not quite 100%. In the water I feel great. Out of the water............... well maybe 70%. Still have some coordination problems. Walking a straight line is tough and balance is still not completely there. Still have left arm and both legs but mostly right leg that gets pretty sore after each dive. Get tired way to easily. Two dives a day and I am worn out.

But I am very thankful to be alive and able to do what I am doing. That accident could have easily turned out so much worse. Lucky a guy witnessed the accident and got me emergency care so soon. I might not have made it had I laid in that ditch an hour or two before someone came along and discovered me.

I was an extremely lucky guy in an unlucky accident.