This has no relavance to pond life, unless you consider the Caribbean a big pond. But I'm pretty sure we saw this big yellow female frogfish a few days ago. The reason I say so is the video I will link is to a lady that lives here in front of a scuba dive site that we go to called Something Special. She dives almost exclusively at that site because of her husbands ill health and taking care of him (she goes in the evening after putting him to bed). My wife enjoys under water macro photography and met up with Ellen one time for coffee. She does some amazing under water photography and she has thousands of pictures listed on the web under her name, Ellen Muller.

We saw this female frog fish I am sure as she looked about ready to pop with eggs at the time, at the dive site I mentioned above. Frogfish spawn at night to give the eggs a better chance of escaping predators eating them. Ellen captured the two males fertilizing the eggs in a video at night. Phenominal.

My wife and I's "Holy Grail" of undersea creatures are Sea Hoses and Frogfish. We search for them constantly while diving here, about 3-4 months out of the year. Been kind of slim pickins this year as we have only found the one yellow female frogfish and two pairs of sea horses (my diving has mostly been limited to one reef because of my motorcycle accident and difficulty of entering the water at the more remote and difficult dive sites - we have a dock here where we stay so I have easy entry and exit). Most divers swim right by both unless guided by an experienced guide that knows where to look. They are both extremely camoflaged and hard to spot by unexperienced eyes. But I digress. The video is of one large female frog fish (with a face only a mother could love) and two males fertilizing the eggs.

What made me think to post this is the talk about yellow perch eggs and how the perch egg ribbons kind of look like the frogfish ribbins. Man it would be fun to have some video of yellow perch spawns, but pond water is not quite as clear or inviting as warm Caribbean waters for underwater photographers, LOL. Can't convince my wife to go take pictures of BG on beds in the ponds..............

Enjoy the video and feel free to view any of Ellen's other pictures. She is a local that lives down here in Bonaire, N.A,

https://www.facebook.com/1047640488/posts/10224911820596593/?d=n