I had a few in my forage pond where supposedly only RES and FHM were stocked. Well somewhere in the mix (I suspect my source of RES stock at time of stocking) had some GSF mixed in. I had lots of RES/GSF hybrids produced in that forage pond.

In my SMB pond I have stocked only RES, SMB, FHM (gone) and a few GSH until last year when I put in some of the HSB I raised more recently in my forage pond (thanks again to the guys and gal PBF members who helped me sein and transfer the HSB!). I have also caught a few RESxGSF hybrids in this pond (they take to feed well and are relatively easy to catch compared to pure RES). I had transferred a lot of recruitmnet from my forage pond to stock it and likely misidentified a few RES/GSF hybrids for pure RES. I always remove any ot those I catch. They have grown well at least!

Thinking maybe the two bass components might need more forage than what the SMB provide (they spawn like crazy and produce SMB fingerlings every year) I caught a beautiful 1-1.5# male copernose BG out of my main pond and transfered him to the RES/SMB pond, Thinking that one male CNBG might just nest and would probably produce some CNBG/RES hybrids for forage and a little easier catching (I need Shorty to come down and teach me how to catch RES!!!).

So I have bastardized my RES/SMB "only" pond but hey, for me it is all about learning and experimentation anyway. I'm not much of an angler as the only fishing I have done for years is my own ponds. I will leave a link to my RES pond if anyone is bored enough to want to look at the old thread.

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=459159