Originally Posted by Barracuda J
@fishinrod
Okay I'm planning on digging some depressions and filling with pea gravel next week before the bluegill go in. Still about halfway to go for filling pond so I have some real estate to work with. At What depth should I construct these areas?

I am definitely NOT a BG expert on Pond Boss. I just read a lot of posts written by our resident experts.

You can probably find the proper depths for the beds by reading some of the old BG threads. If you don't find a good discussion, then you might want to post your specific question as a new thread.

[I think they can spawn in depths from 1' to 6'. I believe the optimal depths are like 1.5' to 3'? I think you also need a wider range if the water level in your pond has large fluctuations.]

In addition to spawning habitat, I believe a good BG survival rate also requires some dense cover for the fry to shelter. Do you have some more cedar trees? I think a few clumps of cedars in shallow water adjacent to your spawning beds will greatly enhance you BG production. (Even if that doesn't work this year, then it will definitely work next year!)

Good luck!