My experience with PK shrimp is that they need certain water conditions (I can't spell out the exact parameters but they tend to survive or not survive in degree based on water chemistry) In addition certain weeds they really gravitate towards. They DO need plenty of weeds for cover so you would want them on the shallow side to try to get them a place to hide.

If you can time the purchase to when they are ready to have their babies your purchase price goes a long long ways as you get the adults and hopefully many many more little ones.

You won't be able to stock all 19 acres with sufficient PK shrimp but if they thrive in the shallow weedy areas they might get their own foothold and do some reproduction.

I know other midwest state pondowners have had good establishment and reproduction of PK shrimp even with a very small stocking quantity up front. Maybe they will see this and tell you about their water chemistry (I think more dissolved calcium in the water is helpful) and about what weed types they found the PK shrimp took a liking to.

I'm not aware of a need to acclimate but it never hurts to do so. I do know the water they ship in often has unwanted nasties that you don't want in your pond so you may want to do a water exchange using your pond water a few times to be sure they are clean of plant debris and the water they shipped in doesn't end up in your pond. A collander might work well for the wash/transfer process.

If they may have had young in the shipping bag then you would need to transfer the water as well.

I wish there was a way to put radio tags on these beautiful creatures to see if they survive and where they travel.

(oh, and be sure they are PK shrimp or they will not tolerate winter in Kansas. Many sell shrimp that are not cold water hardy and are not PK shrimp. Pro (Bill Cody) tip - take a a few from the shipment, put them in a bowl of water that they shipped in and put in your refrigerator. IF they survive they are cold tolerant and likely PK shrimp.)