Originally Posted by FishinRod
Anyone have good recommendations for some low effort/high catch rate fishing for this spring? (He can still travel fairly long distances from Kansas.)
FishinRod.....if it really is "low effort/high catch rate" I have the perfect fishing guide for you. However it is mainly just sand-bass. I've gone out with guide Don Novak at least 4 times for half day trips on Lake Grapevine and caught tons of fish.

The Sand Bass (white bass) are not huge, but it is literally almost a constant bite. Just drop a slab he supplies down to bottom, jig it a few times and boom FISH ON! You and your Dad would most likely catch 75-100+ fish on a half day trip. I did catch a nice catfish on a slab on one of these trips, but that's more rare. (see image)

Lake Grapevine is near DFW Airport, easy access, and quiet on weekdays and usually calm water.

Don is a great guy, has a nice boat, and he will not let you take your own fish off the hook. It's not trophy fishing, but it is a fun half day of fishing and being out on the water.

Luck O' Irish Fishing Guide - Don Novak - Lake Grapevine

ps: I've also gone out on two "Striper Guide Trips" with other guides and not caught near as many fish, but it was still fun.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]