Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by Hideaway Acres
That's what I was thinking as well. Get the water out of the way prior to attempting a repair. It will re-fill quickly with good rainfall. It's a white PVC pipe and I doubt they went for a gasket type back in '93 when it was built. If it's like other things done on the property it's likely they went the cheapest way possible. :>) But time will tell. Thanks again for the continuing advice.

They may just have shoved it in there and let it be. Drain down, if you can get the elbow off the horizontal pipe, do so. Once the water is down to that level, clean everything very well, use a slow set PVC glue. Glue the vertical piece to the elbow on dry land, let it set up. Drive some stakes into the ground on the shore on either side of the PVC pipe, making sure that they are pretty strong. Have a ratchet strap in place that will be long enough to hold the elbow onto the horizontal piece. Glue other side of the elbow liberally, shove it on the horizontal piece, twist 30°-45° so that the vertical pipe is vertical, use ratchet strap(s) to hold it in place on the horizontal pipe while it is curing. I'd also get a trash rack to put on the vertical pipe so nothing can go down it and plug it.

You may not get the glue to stick around 100% of the horizontal pipe, but enough will stick to hold it in place once it cures.

Sounds like a plan. Will advise as things progress.