Originally Posted by azteca
Hello.

Wow, that involves a lot of research what you do.

Some questions if you want.

Do your YP and SMB larvae stay in the tanks or you send them to a pond prepared in advance.

The SMB larvae must be like the YP larvae the first days if there is non living they let themselves die.

If you leave the larvae of YP and SMB in the tanks I suppose you pump the Zooplankton from a small pond prepared with a bloom full of Zooplankton

Maybe you have other ideas.

Everything related to the first days of larvae interests me.

I see you are staying in Kansas it's hotter than here for the Zooplankton.
A+
Azteca, fry are removed from hatch tank at 48hrs from sight of first hatch and transferred to fertilized pond. Whatever hatches in that first 48 hrs is all the fish that go into first growing pond. Next 72 hrs go in 2nd pond, third 72 hrs go into 3rd pond if hatch lasts that long. At 21 days a sample is taken and average length taken. when fish average 35-40mm They are seined and moved into feed training tank. Belt feeders are loaded and fish are fed 24/7, sorted every 5th day per size and separated into different containment structures in feeding tank. 3" is the goal in training tank. at this point fish of slightly differing lengths can be put together in ponds ready for constant pellet feeding.
I have a chance to gather perch ribbons from my grower in Colorado this coming spring as he tosses literally thousands of these up on the bank every spring because they lay the ribbons on our trap nets and nearly cover the traps every morning. These will be my test subjects on my new spawning mats. I don't know yet how the size will compare between the 2 when the SMB reach 40mm, but if YP are not much bigger I may try to feed train some together.