We had pretty dry spells during the summer months for the last 2 years which enabled me to finish my 4th pond and attached wetland. We are fortunate to have good water running through our place in the way of springs and an artesian shallow aquifer. My 4th pond was about 2' down from full pool before last night's modest rain (still dark here). It seems to be continuing to inch fuller (no real direct watershed - similar to my 3rd pond and a 1/4 acre wetland/sump that we built to get the dirt for our barn pad). I feel for those who have been in bad droughts. They predict more extreme weather events in the future but I think that overall, the Midwest is supposed to continue getting good rainfall. Time will tell. Not really sure how good the climate science has progressed on predicting mega trends, but at least in my area, they do a much better job predicting weather than when I was young. Keep in mind that a couple weather events does not make the climate. One may not be able to predict with certainty if it will be warmer next week, but its a pretty safe bet that next summer will be warmer than this winter.