azteca, in my view deepening is good whether the climate gets hotter, colder, or stays the same. Last year we had an unbelievably bad spell of record-low temps in my neck of the woods, but my fish did fine. Heck, even the warm-loving CNBG survived in my 1/8th acre forage pond, probably because it is deeper than it should be.

My main BOW has 25-26 foot depths near the dam and a very large area of 15 plus foot depths. Unlike every other pond I saw in the area, it never froze over, just had a bit of ice in the shallows. I ended up hosting just about every Canada goose within ten miles!

Fish are very adaptable and thus we have different strains, species, and sub-species. Some, like Florida bass, CNBG, tilapia, brown trout, can take higher temps better than others, such as Northern bass, walleye, and brook trout. Recently researchers discovered, to their surprise, that oceanic fish flourished during a time when ocean temps soared abruptly. Odds are good that you'll come through whatever happens with flying colors!