I've been in the shadows of this forum for a couple years now trying to gain knowledge and experience with what I have going on. I'm located in southeast Iowa and long story short, I am trying to accomplish/establish a yellow perch pond for strictly fun fishing. Yellow perch isn't a huge fish species for southern IA, although a few lakes do have them within an hour of home here, so I knew it was possible. I have read everything on here about yellow perch that I could find, and re read again. I have a pond that I know has never been stocked with anything/anyone. (Excited for NO LMB) Finally a chance at successfully raising perch perhaps? Built roughly 10 years ago. I have checked depth and fish specie. Green sunfish is the only fish present in the pond, and that usually happens naturally, I understand. The pond is just an acre or better. Depth gets to 16 feet at deeper spots. Typical Iowa farm pond elsewise. It's also exciting me that this pond doesn't have trees by it yet,(maybe some shade trees would be beneficial) and also the farming practice around the perimeter , since it was built, has been CRP. With all these seemingly positive things, I decided, its time to try my yellow perch project. I obtained roughly 300 probably 5-8 inch perch and successfully released them last winter, and then this spring I released 100, 3-5 inchers.(Those may not make it?) I did go back after ice out and was able to catch a handful of the yellow perch, the 5-8 inchers, which I was excited about. Any discussion or professional help from here on out would be appreciated. I did try and supplemental feed once the summer warming took place, the feed that's recommended on here, but the feeder didn't work correctly. Need to invest more on that deal. Next I will put twiggy trees in before possible spawn this spring. I am so excited to drill some holes if we get good enough ice(we did last winter) and see what I have going on. Any guesses. Hopefully I've given enough info to trigger someone on this. I am beyond obsessed with this pond perch project, so anything would be appreciated. I've heard without predators they repopulate like crazy/stunt. If this predator-less pond has that go on, should I be ok with that?... as I would love to trap as many little ones as I could to stock another pond or two perhaps. I can also add predators at anytime. Hybrid striped bass I can get my hands on.

Appreciate it,

Brett