A Hardy Welcome from a bit south of Marshall Junction.

My little pond started as a HBG/HSB/RES pond and, for what ever reason, the HBG did not take off too well and the HSB are next to impossible to catch. I have since added CC and regular BG. I love the HSB when you get one on the hook. The CC just make catching larger fish more frequent. My low numbers of HBG may have been due to the majority of the original stocker going down the drain pipe (IDK for sure), so I added the regular BG's to boost the forage numbers back up for the ladder stocked HSB and CC.

Small ponds are pretty cool in that they are less difficult to turn in a different direction, but they can be more temperamental too. It sounds like you are doing some good research and all the suggested fish type thus far will produce a fun experience so long as you don't expect to stock and walk away. You may win an easy one, but who really knows. For the life of me, I don't see how all the small ponds I fished as a younger person did so well left completely unattended. Not that my pond is much work, but more of a challenge to determine the current fish numbers and directions to try to go as it ages. If you are picky at all with how you pond turns out, expect to stock fish every couple years just to keep it improving especially if you use the HSB. This would not be a large stocking, but more of a supplemental stocking of larger fish.

If we keep growing the Missouri members here...we'll have to invite ourselves to Augie's place some Saturday and see how he does it so well!