Originally Posted by SetterGuy
Rah,
We took three does this year from our place. That’s more than we’ve ever taken. Seems like we still have a lot. With only 62 acres most of our deer are only passing through, or visiting a food plot. What’s your idea of a proper buck to doe ratio? I’m a bit frustrated with ,YS elf for taking the buck I did this year. If I’d have waited a few more years, he’d have been something special. Maybe we need to take does only for a few years. Main problem with that is only 2 of 4 neighbors will do the same. The other two take anything legal. (4 points to one side)

I hunt a place that is 80 acres and for a few years passed on great deer hoping that they'd become tremendous deer. Not one lived to be that size, they were all shot off the property either the year that I passed on them, or the next year. I had one that I passed in archery season because it had a broken tine, I ended up shooting it in ML season because someone shot it thru the left front knee with a .223 (during ML season). I heard that shot and thought "Oh good, someone is shooting coyotes". Nope. It came limping by not a half hour later.

Like RAH said, don't worry about something that you can't control.