I try not to get upset over things that I cannot control. If I see a nice buck, especially if it is old, then I try and take it. Its hard to let young bucks with nice racks walk, but I someday hope to take a really big one so I now let them walk. My place is also too small to hold a buck all the time, but I continue to enhance the wildlife habitat so that the deer spend more time on my place. We are restricted to one buck in Indiana across all seasons, so the real issue for me is some neighbors inviting all their buddies over to hunt. If they restricted the whole bunch to one buck on each property, then it would be fine. One fellow calls himself a meat hunter, but there is plenty of good meat on a mature animal vs. a yearling. To each his own I guess. I just try to enjoy my place (and stay away from the borders on opening day of gun). With all the volleys of gun shots, I wish they would ban semiautomatic weapons so folks would take more care on that first shot. I understand a euthanasia shot to end an animals suffering, but rapid-fire volleys of 3, 4, and 5 shots seems irresponsible and dangerous to me. I have read that for encouraging trophies, 2 does per buck should be the target. You want the biggest bucks to do most of the breeding so you need to encourage competition. I do not ever expect to reach this goal but I can nudge things in that direction.