Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by RAH
Another way to perhaps keep the hounds out is to allow a trapper access to your place and let the neighbor know it.

That is a good idea!

I was going to have a trapper out 2 years ago to get a family of beavers that were cutting all of my trees along the creek. We then had two massive floods and I have not had any beavers since then.

I also have bobcats on my farm, but I think they may actually be improving my upland bird populations. My neighbor used to have at least 20 barn cats, which I would sometimes see on my farm. After the bobcats moved in, I no longer see the barn cats on my land, or even around my neighbor's buildings.

My bird populations are going UP! I think one family of bobcats does much less damage than a large number of semi-feral housecats.

At this time, I don't think I should have any trappers on the property. I do not like to tell little lies in life, because that makes it easier to tell bigger lies.

However, some warning signs at my gates about ongoing trapping operations might be very helpful!

Rod, you really don't know for sure if any trappers may have snuck in to your place. So the warning isn't really a lie, it's more an abundance of caution & consideration for the well being of would be trespassers. Remember, it's not a lie if you believe it! wink