Originally Posted by wbuffetjr
Scott do you have any pics of how you did the remote tank?

No but I can describe it easily. I took an older outboard motor gas tank that was metal. Flushed it out really well to get any traces of gasoline out of it and then let it sit for a week open inside a building so it would dry and any gas residue would be gone. Drilled a small hole near the bottom on the one vertical side, soldered a 1/4" pipe fitting to the tank, then a shutoff valve, then a barbed fitting that was the same size as the fuel line. Drained the fuel from the onboard pump tank. Disconnected the fuel line from the onboard tank at the carb, set the outboard motor tank on an upside down bucket so the tank bottom was the same height as the bottom of the "on board" tank. Ran new fuel line from the aux tank to the carb and everything worked fine.

I tried using a new plastic outboard tank that has the pickup from the top of the tank but there must have been a teeny, tiny air leak somewhere because it would run fine for an hour or two, but it wouldn't run all night, so I surmised that the pump motor sipped gas so slowly that it couldn't overcome the air leak and it built up enough to break the siphon.

I used a tank like this:
Outboard motor tank