I agree with FishinRod, I would prefer grid power, but in my case it was not a feasible option. And I did not want to run 1/2 mile of airline through rocky, hilly terrain, so I was forced to learn more about solar than I ever wanted to.(not an expert just a reader) One thing that we may overlook, when you only have air and not electricity at the pond, how will you have emergency aeration if the need arises? Read the July/Aug issue of Pond Boss mag. "Early Summer Water Crisis". It made me laugh, I can relate to the grandpeeps practicing their wresting moves on you! But the serious part is about using a sump pump in a "pre fish kill". You may not ever need it, but if you don't have electricity or solar you will need to be ready with a gas pump or something else.
Solar is not as expensive as it used to be, especially if you DIY. Highflyer and others here can help. The way I had to understand it was to start with the pump and work back to the solar panels. Figure what pump you require, then what battery bank it will take to run that pump and then the charge controller and panels to charge the battery. I may be all wrong, but this is how I wrapped my head around it. Also I have a DC sump pump on a timer I run early morning just for insurance.