It would be a good idea to sow some seeds on that fresh dirt to avoid as much erosion as possible, here in MO I do a lot of annual or perennial Rye grass, and also wheat on exposed soil, its really cheap and it doesnt have to be certified seed wheat, I buy regular feed wheat, comes up fast and holds soils well. remember, as others said, your soils from a deep source like that may not have much nutrients at all, to counteract that you will need to fertilize it well with a good triple 13 fertilizer, which may be the only source of nutrients for the seed to grow on.
I finished my pond in March, it had no topsoil cover, just some rocky, chirty, clay from way down deep. On the back side and top of the dam, I immediately seeded it with a wheat and rye grass mixture and fertilized it really well and it took off like crazy, I added clover the next winter and havent touched it since other then to add fertilizer, even with a huge amount of rain in the first several months I have had almost no erosion problems and a clover stand on the back of the dam so thick that it choked out my crown vetch that I wanted to take over for the long term when the clover dies out. Good luck!