When I first started feeding many years ago, I would see no response from the few BG, GSF, YP, BCP, and LMB. I stocked about 15 rainbow and brown trout from a hatchery. The trout took to the Aquamax 600 immediately.

Winter came and went. The trout came back to the dinner table after ice out, feeding on Skretting feed. Some time mid summer a few sunfish and a perch or two tried a few pellets. Soon after that I stocked more GSF; the next summer I planted 25 adult BG.

About that time I switched to Optimal BG and dried mealworms. Feeding is a frenzied operation. The tiger trout porpoise through the scads of feeding panfish. An occasional largemouth juvenile will grad a bite. I've even seen emaciated crappie sample a pellet or two. Seems like the BCP would rather stunt or starve to death than eat fish food, even with hundreds of other mouths sucking in the goods.

My recommendation is to moisten some feed in a plastic bag and try that. Also crush some pellets into bits. The fines will attract smaller fish; the crushed pellets will disperse and attract more fish by their smell. Give them time. They'll catch on. I've got 4 fingerling bass in my aquarium that slash pellets as they fall from my hand towards the water surface. They learned that from my tanked BG and GSF.