I am generally able to catch the limited fish I eat. Meals every couple weeks through the warm months. But when I supplement with farm raised meat I like to buy US raised Channel Catfish. I try to avoid any food sourced to China. For me its a matter of food security. I feel more confident in US sourced farm raised fish meeting the integrity I expect of food.

In 2008, when my son was born, a scandal broke out over China sourced baby formula poisined with melamine to fool protein tests. It prompted my wife to breast feed all my children. For as long as I live, I will not get over it. I just can't understand how anyone could do such a thing to persons as innocent and defenseless as babies. If I know food came from China, it stays on the shelf. I don't go out to eat fish either. It's hard for restaurants to resist the cheap imports. It's a reasonable question to ask, how is it that foreign fish is so cheap even after making a big trip across the Pacific? Heck, some of it even makes the trip twice, once for processing and once for delivery. Doesn't make sense that our farmers struggle given the transportation bar that foreign fish must hurdle. Anyways, I figure its good to eat but I'll stick with CC from the good ole USA and pay the difference.