Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
I have 5 neighbors bordering my land. I quit running cows about 15 years ago. Two of the neighbors have more cows than they do grass. Hay is expensive. I have spent time telling them to come get their cows. This is pretty much the history of Texas.

I finally solved the problem by no longer closing my front gate. Yep, their cows have gotten scattered. I hear that some pretty rude and crude things have been said about me and I agree that now most of them are true.
I love you, man.

I am surrounded by subdivisions on two sides (the long ones). We spent twenty years with the first one running cattle in Winter pasture next to it, having my wife's Sheriff's Deputy nephew and his partners shoot 500+ rounds at a time on my rifle range, and running large tractors as late as midnight to get the bordering neighbors switched to ones who actually want to live in the country. (The one closest to our house, who is into dirt track racing and tunes his race car up outside, once told me that the rest of the subdivision hates him more than they hate me.)

We are attempting to be proactive with the newest subdivision, by placing the following sign facing each building lot:
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]